Terminal - KDS Screen
- Receiving an Order: When an ASAP order comes in, it will appear on the KDS screen under the 'Current Orders' tab.
- an Order: Clicking on the order once will acknowledge it, making the complete order viewable on the KDS.
Moving an Order Through the Workflow: Clicking the bottom action area of the ticket will move the order forward through the process and eventually to 'Past Orders'. The text in this area of each ticket as displayed on the KDS will depend on the fulfillment method. For more information on this topic, please see this article on receiving orders.
You have the option to set up if and when guests will receive text and/or email notifications about their order as they are moved through this workflow. These can be configured and customized via the Guest Notification Sets section of your Bbot owner panel.
Functions Of An Order
For any order that has been accepted, regardless of what stage it is in, clicking on the top section of the order will open up an order actions screen.
Here, you will see line-itemized components of the order, as well as a number of functions at the bottom of the screen, including:
Refund: Refund an order
- Re-print Ticket: Re-print the prep ticket, if applicable.
- Print Receipt: Print or reprint a customer receipt, if applicable
- If a Printer Control Box is connected and you are using the Web Terminal, receipts and tickets will print to the printer that is connected to the Printer Control Box. If there is no printer connected, a PDF of the receipt or ticket will be generated allowing you to print it through a desktop printer.
- Send Receipt: Email or text a receipt to a customer
- Edit: Add notes, change table or location, or assign to a different server
By selecting one or more items on this screen, you will have the additional option to move those items through the order workflow process via the status bar at the bottom of the window.
If an item or order is moved forward to a fulfillment status by error, an employee with an Owner or Manager pin has the ability to reverse the status.
From this expanded order view, you will also be able to see any Related Orders that exist.
This function allows you to look into the past for all orders that have been recently placed through your restaurant. Once orders have moved through fulfillment and are 'Ready for Pickup', each order will be moved to the 'Recently Fulfilled' tab.
Here you will be given all the guest information including the order number, pickup times, and menu items. To view more orders you can scroll up and down by pressing the corresponding buttons on the far right of the terminal.
All customers with a Toast integration using a feedback fulfillment method (i.e. Patron Pick-up, Server Delivery, etc), will have orders automatically accepted when received in the Bbot terminal; these orders will also show as being accepted automatically to guests on the consumer app.