Terminal - KDS Screen
The KDS screen on the terminal will have three to four tabs at the top of the screen, as shown below.
- Current Orders: This tab shows orders that have been placed for immediate pickup or delivery (ASAP orders). This tab will always be displayed by default.
- Future Orders: This tab houses orders that have been placed for future fulfillment and will only show on your KDS if you have 'order ahead' enabled. These orders will be moved from the 'Future Orders' tab to the 'Current Orders' tab 45 minutes prior to the time the order is set to be ready. If you prefer more or less time than 45 minutes, please email email@example.com to request this change.
- Past Orders: This tab shows orders that have already been completed. These orders will clear every night at approximately 4:00 AM.
- Filtered Orders: Here you can filter your past, current, or future orders by day, time, fulfillment method, and/or order status. Please note that the filtered search function filters based on desired order time and not the time the order was created.
- Receiving an Order: When an ASAP order comes in, it will appear on the KDS screen under the 'Current Orders' tab.
- Accepting an Order: Clicking on the order once will acknowledge it, making the complete order viewable on the KDS.
- Moving an Order Through the Workflow: Clicking the bottom action area of the ticket will move the order forward through the process and eventually to 'Past Orders'. The text in this area of each ticket as displayed on the KDS will depend on the fulfillment method. For more information on this topic, please see this article on receiving orders.
You have the option to set up if and when guests will receive text and/or email notifications about their order as they are moved through this workflow. These can be configured and customized via the Guest Notification Sets section of your Bbot owner panel.
Functions Of An Order
For any order that has been accepted, regardless of what stage it is in, clicking on it once will open up an order actions screen.
Here, you will see line-itemized components of the order, as well as a number of functions at the bottom of the screen, including:
- Refund: Refund an order
- Re-print Ticket: Re-print the prep ticket, if applicable
- Print Receipt: Print or reprint a customer receipt, if applicable
- Send Receipt: Email or text a receipt to a customer
- Edit: Add notes to and edit an order
If you select one or more items on this screen, you will have the additional option to move those items through the order workflow process via the status bar at the bottom of the window.
If an item or order is moved forward to a fulfillment status by error, an employee with an Owner or Manager pin has the ability to reverse the status.
From this expanded order view, you will also be able to see any Related Orders that exist.
All customers with a Toast integration using a feedback fulfillment method (i.e. Patron Pick-up, Server Delivery, etc), will have orders automatically accepted when received in the Bbot terminal; these orders will also show as being accepted automatically to guests on the consumer app.