Refund an Order on Terminal
*Please Note: If you use Toast integration, you will need to refund inside of Toast as well so reporting syncs up properly.
1. To edit or refund an order on the tablet you must first find the order by viewing recent orders. On the left-hand side, you will see the order number and location code along with on the right the total charge, order time, and fulfillment time.
2. To refund an order, select the items you would like to order (they will appear highlighted in blue when selected) and select the 'Refund" button in the bottom left of the screen.
3. You will see the items you have selected to refund. If you would like to issue a refund for the full item, remain in the "BY ITEM' tab and select the items you would like to refund.
Keep in mind that when issuing refunds for entire items, you will issue a refund for the sale price, a pro-rated portion of the tip of that order, and the associated tax.
For example, if you are refunding the $12.99 Hawaiian Burger as displayed above, and the tip on this order was 20%, your total refund would be $12.99 + $2.60 = $15.59 (plus tax)
4. If you would prefer to instead issue a refund for a specific amount or percentage of the sale or tip, then navigate to the 'BY AMOUNT' tab. Here you can refund by a fixed amount or by a percentage by selecting from the drop-down menu and entering the amount of Sale or Tip you would like to refund.
5. All refunds must be given a 'Refund Reason' from the dropdown menu. These reasons are largely arbitrary, but if the reason for the refund is 'Out of Stock', you have the option to 86 the item in Bbot.
6. Click 'Refund'.
7. You will be prompted for a 4-digit pin number. A manager/owner code is required to process the refund.
Once the manager pin is entered the refund will be automatically processed!