How to Refund a Guest
You can refund some or all items of a guest's order via the Bbot Owner Panel or your Bbot Terminal. To get started issuing a refund via the Bbot Owner Panel, please follow the instructions below:
1. Log in to the Owner Panel and navigate to the 'Past Orders' page.
2. View all recent orders by scrolling down, or click "Add Filter" filter using the available fields to narrow down your search results.
Note: If you get zero results, leave out some of the additional filter details. Guests may have provided incorrect credit card information, so it's best to utilize the provided date and dollar amount first. Sometimes less is more!
3. Once you've found the order, click the plus button to the left of the Order Number to expand the record and view the details. This expanded view of the order will also provide you with the options to "Email Receipt" or "Issue Refunds". Select the "Issue Refunds" button.
4. Select which items you would like to refund. If you intend to refund either a percentage or a specific amount from the total order such as the tip, then you will need to "Select All Items". Click Next.
Refund % Of Items: Select the percentage of the total sales and the percentage of the tip that you would like to refund. Click Submit.
Refund Amount Of Money: Select the dollar amount of the total sales and the dollar amount of the tip that you would like to refund. Click Submit.
The "Refund Reason" field will is used for the "Refund Reason Report".
Warning: Once a refund has been issued it can not be reversed.
Refunding a Guest on the "Legacy Past Orders" page
- Marking as Tax Exempt also constitutes a refund as it will refund the tax from the check. Be careful not to press this button when trying to apply other kinds of refunds as this is not reversible. If you intend to apply a refund after the check has been marked as Tax Exempt, you will still be able to apply the intended refund.
Note: once a refund is issued, it cannot be undone! If you use Toast integration, you will need to refund inside of Toast as well so the reporting syncs up properly. This will also not refund the Stripe processing fee of 2.79% + .30, only the Bbot Tithe amount that has been added.
For any questions about refunding a guest, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.