In the Bbot Owner Panel, go to the 'Available Hours and Menu Settings' tab. Here you can adjust Prep Station Availability and Menu Settings.
Under the Menu Settings tab, you can edit the menu name in the box provided, set the menu to display as its own tab or as a part of another menu or enable the menu to accept future orders. You can also edit when guests can place orders, how unavailable items are shown, and advanced order-ahead/future orders features (detailed below).
When the future orders box is unchecked, you can manage when guests can place orders by setting your menu to either inherit its schedule from the prep station (set on the Prep Station Availability tab), or to its own schedule parameters.
When the future orders box is checked, you have the ability to set a schedule for:
'Allowed Ordering Windows' - when you allow a guest to place an order (typically 24/7 if you are allowing 'order ahead')
'Allowed Delivery/Pickup Times' - when you will fulfill these orders for delivery or pickup (usually closely associated with your business hours)
For more information on how order ahead functions work for delivery, please reference this article.
'Unfulfillable item visibility rules' - control how unfulfillable items display to your guests. This primarily applies to the visibility rules of menu items in menus that are "off hours"
'Out-of-stock item visibility rules' - control how out-of-stock items appear. You can then set these items to never show or to adhere to your 'Unfulfillable item visibility rules'
Advanced order-ahead/ future orders features allow you to adjust the following settings:
'Timeblock Title' - What you would like to be displayed above your time-picker widget on the checkout page
'Timeblock Width' - The amount of time in each selectable timeblock (e.g. a 30 min timeblock width would result in a block like 9:00-9:30)
'Timeblock Spacing' - The amount of time between the start time of each timeblock (e.g. a 60 min timeblock spacing added to the above mentioned 30 min timeblock width would result in the following selectable timeblocks: 9:00-9:30, 10:00-10:30, 11:00-11:30, etc).
'Shortest delivery/ pickup time that can be requested' - Controls how soon a guest can place an order (e.g. if set to 0, the guest will have the option to simply order 'ASAP'. If set to 30 min, the guest will be offered timeblocks that are no sooner than 30 min from the time the order is placed).
'How far in the future guests can schedule pickup/delivery' - This sets how many hours (or days) in advance you want guests to be able to place an order.
Holiday Menu Hours
You can now also restrict your menus such that guests can only order from them during a certain date range. For menus that allow guests to order ahead, you can now restrict date ranges when guests can pick them up or get their orders delivered. You'll find these Settings like the ones above in the 'Menu Settings' page of your Owner Panel. Once you navigate to the specific menu you're interested in, you can do the following:
For ASAP menus:
- Once you navigate to the menu in question, click on 'Edit when guests can place orders.' Next, click on 'By Schedule'
- From here you can check 'Restrict Available Dates' which will now allow you to set specific date range guests can order from the menu or choose a data range guests won't be able to order the menu from.
- Once you've selected whether you'd like to allow a specific date range or exclude it, click on the 'Add Dates' button.
- Select your 'Start Date and Time' as well as your 'End Date and Time'
- You can add Notes as well.
- Click 'Save'
- Once you've created your enabled/restricted date range, you'll see the below line under the 'Edit When Guests Can Place Orders' Tab.
For Order Ahead Menus:
If you have 'This Menu Accepts Future Orders' checked, you'll also be able to Restrict delivery/pickup dates for this menu.
- Once you're on the menu you'd like to edit, click on 'Restrict delivery/pickup dates'
- Click 'Add Dates'
- You'll be prompted to enter the 'Start Date and Time,' the 'End Date and Time,' as well as any Notes
- Click 'Save'
- You should now see a line under your 'Excluded Delivery/Pickup Dates'
To Delete a Restriction on Ordering or Pickup/Delivery Dates, simply click on the date range and click the trash can icon in the top-right corner.
Note: If you create a restricted ordering date range for a menu that does not allow future orders, once you check, 'This Menu Accepts Future Orders,' that restriction will automatically be applied to Delivery and Pickup Time Range instead of the ordering time range.