As a restaurant wanting to support employee donations from online orders there are a few options in setting that up.
- Create extra menu items labeled for donations. Example: $1 Donation to Employees, $5 Donation to Employees, $10 Donation to Employees, etc.
- Since these are categorized as 'donations' they will not need to be taxed. In order to make sure tax isn't taken out of the donation - set the tax rate on the item to 0%. If you aren't sure how to adjust tax rates by item learn here.
- When patrons are donating ONLY and you have delivery services integrated you will need to be sure that there a new location code for 'donations' with pickup fulfillment method. This will be a location to list only donation menu items to be sure a delivery driver isn't notified.
- To encourage patrons to donate a specific custom amount you will need to create a $1 menu item labeled $1 Donation to Employees. This will allow patrons to change the quantity to donate to a specific $1 amount. Example: Add 6 $1 Donation to Employees to the cart to donate $6.
- A & B above also applies here.