How to Pull the IP Address from a Printer
You may be asked for the static IP address of a printer in order for Bbot to connect the printer to your Printer Control Box on the backend. If you do not already know the static IP address, you can manually pull this information by following the instructions below:
1) Turn off the printer
2) Hold down the 'Feed' button while powering the printer back on
3) Continue to hold down the 'Feed' button until a configuration page containing the IP address prints
4) Provide this information to your Bbot Onboarding Project Manager or Support Rep
TM-U220 Receipt/Kitchen Printer
- Ensure the printer is powered on.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the device:
- After about 5 seconds a settings paper will print, including the IP address of the printer:
If you complete these actions and the configuration page prints with no IP Address assigned, you’ll have to assign the IP address yourself. Please see this detailed guide on how to do so for the Epson TM-U220 printer. For Star Micronics printers, please refer to this guide instead.
*Before attempting to set up your printers, please review this list of Bbot's supported printers to confirm that they will work with your Bbot integration.