Setting Up Your Stripe Card Reader
Linking the Stripe reader to your tablet:
- The first step is getting your Stripe card reader fully charged before linking it to your Elo or Samsung tablet.
- Power both the Stripe card reader and the tablet on.
- Enable Bluetooth on your tablet by going to Settings > Bluetooth > Turn On > and then select Stripe from the list of Bluetooth device options. This will now link the tablet and Stripe reader together.
- Once you've paired your device with a given Stripe reader, it will attempt to auto-pair to this Stripe reader every time the app is opened.
Checking the Stripe reader for updates:
- Once your tablet and the Stripe reader are linked together, open the Bbot application on your tablet.
- In order to verify if the Stripe reader was fully connected, look for a green symbol at the top right of your Bbot Terminal Locations view. It looks like a credit card being inserted into a slot. If this icon is red, it indicates an incomplete connection.
- Clicking on this icon will bring you to the screen below where you can check the battery life of your Stripe reader, as well as check for updates. If your battery is low, you will receive a popup notification. If there is an update available for your Stripe reader, you will be shown prompts on how to proceed. If the update is pending then you can manually run the update.* For non-production Android builds, you can will see a “simulator mode” option at the bottom of this page. This can be toggled on to test chipper abilities if you don’t have one.
Your Stripe card reader is now fully set up and you are ready to create new orders through the device.
You can find more information about your Stripe mobile card reader here.