Editing a Single Menu Item
You can add and edit menu items from the 'Menu Items' tab of the Menus section of your Bbot Owner Panel.
To open the Menu Item Editor, click on the name of the item you wish to edit.
The following aspects can be edited from within the Menu Item Editor:
1. Select Item Type
Designate an item as 'Food' or 'Drink'. This selection dictates which modifier options are available to add to the item; 'Food' items can only have 'Food' modifiers attached to them and 'Drink' modifiers can only have 'Drink' modifiers.
2. Presentation To Customer
- Select a Menu: Select the menu(s) on which the item should appear.
- Select a Menu Heading: Select corresponding menu headings (appetizer, snack, entree, draft beer, etc.). If the heading you desire does not already exist, you can add a new heading by using the '+' button to the right of the field.
- Item Display Name: Set the item display name; this is the item's name on the ordering site, visible to guests.
- Most Loved: Checking this box will highlight the item at the top of your menu. It will also still appear under its designated heading.
- Description: Add an optional description of the item.
- Price: Set the price of the item.
- Tax Percent: The tax percent will default to the tax rate set in 'Account Settings,' however you can set special tax rates to items here that will override your default tax rate.
- Allow Modifiers: Selecting this box will show all available modifiers for this item. Select any modifiers you would like your guests to see for this item. Click here to learn how to create modifiers.
- Name for reports: Change the name of the menu item as it appears on your reports if you would like it to be different than how it displays to guests on the ordering site.
- Category for reports: Select a category for reports (Beer, Wine, Liquor, Food, Other, etc.). If you would like to create a new reporting category, you can do so by clicking the blue '+' icon. * If you are selling alcohol via a third party, you MUST select a report category for alcoholic menu items.
- SKU: Enter a SKU for the menu item, if desired.
For more information on Bbot Reporting, see here.
- Enabled: Turn the item on or off. Items that are not enabled will not appear on menus!
- Name displayed on tablet: Choose a different name rather than the name on the ordering site to be displayed on the fulfillment tablet, if desired.
- Inventory Management / Uses the Same Inventory as Item...: Mark the item 'In Stock', 'Out of Stock', or enable inventory tracking by selecting 'Quantity'. If multiple menu items make up the same inventory (i.e. 'Corona Bottle' and 'Happy Hour Corona Bottle'), check 'Uses the same inventory as another item, and select the item it shares with. See here for additional details on inventory management.
- Which Station Fulfills This Item?: Select which station or stations you would like the item to be fulfilled at by checking the boxes next to the appropriate station(s). See here for more information on fulfillment stations.
- Where Will This Item Print?: Choose whether you would like the item to print at the printer(s) associated with the selected station(s), specific printers, or to not print at all.
- Add Menu Tags: display next to the item on the ordering site to quickly convey useful information. These can also be leveraged to set up checkout limitations.
- Skips Ahead in Line By: Set the item to skip ahead in line. For example, when set to 10 minutes, the terminal will prioritize the item as if it had been ordered 10 minutes earlier. This can be used to serve easier items first.
- Special Instructions: Checking this box will allow guests to enter their own notes or special requests.
5. Add Item Images
Upload images for each item. You have the option to display menu item images on the front page of the menu, the menu item page, or both. See here for more information on menu item images.
* To save time, you can also bulk edit menu items!